Thursday, July 1, 2010

Puppy Treats!

I made some yummy, homemade doggie treats for Winston and Charlotte. We were out at home, so I decided to try my hand at making them. I will NEVER buy treats again! They were so easy and my babies loved them more than usual. At this second they are laying next to their treat can waiting for me to give them one...wow! Here is the super easy recipe...

Peanut Butter Yummy Treats
*1 cup milk
*1 cup peanut butter
*2 cups flour (either whole wheat or regular)
*2 good pinches of cinnamon
*1 tablespoon baking powder

-preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil (this way your treats won't burn on the bottom like mine!)
-combine the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, baking powder) in a bowl
-melt your peanut butter in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Stir in your cup of milk.
-Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredient bowl. Combine until a dough forms.

-make treats in any shape you like (I chose little balls)


-Bake for 10 mins. or until hard


Then enjoy! Your puppies will love you even more for these scrumptious goodies!
Here are Winston and Charlotte paitently waiting for their treats :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to try these! Treats from the store are sooo expensive. Thanks for posting :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, my little Stanley would love these since he is a huge fan of peanut butter! I will add this to my list! Thanks for sharing. Your dogs are super cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Emily! Heather, you must try them-they are so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!